Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Well, started getting heavily into painting now that the wifer let me get a good airbrush. I've had it for a while one-offing projects here and there (Buypainted.com and Shnauzerfacedminis on youtube are great sources of how-to, as is Lester from Aweseomepaintjob. While I'm not in their league (yet!), I'll get there soon enough) .Bought a massive eldar army for very cheap, so trying my hand at vehicles...he had daemons, too..


Here are a few of the items I've painted this year:

This was mu first attempt at a Galaxy pattern....later I decided to make a diff colored galaxy for each of my units...colorful, and slightly thematic, but not as impressive as a pure color scheme army...


This scheme was my original intention; guess they go in the de-greaser.



I found genuine Silly-Putty is the best masker out there, if you don't want to splurge for expensive liquid mask. The blue cockpit is an example of how leak proof it is :)











Started wandering since stars alone are boring...added a solar flare/comet



These wolves were my first attempt at a big unit, trying preshading








I WANT to paint HER....

First at temp at flames using plastic wavy card


Tried my hand at sculpting a great unclean one...lol slimer or The Great Poo...still, I like him...he's MINE...


Needed an idea for a thrid Heldrake...and I love Godzilla, so...



Mecha-King Ghidora lives!








Aaron's Guard army...my first attempt at a full vehicle army with the airb


Note the color difference in the following panels...guess I better keep a journal if I do commissions so each paint matches



My experience with white: don't use it for detail...go light grey....the mouth here was a total disaster after I penned in good detail



Sad Sack on the mantle...or Snuffy Smith....







Lol Aaron was not please I had a Pin-up on there....

More Flames...a little too uniform (especially for orks!)





First serious use (attempt!) of Airbrush with french curve masking...for a tau guy...he made this out of an old star wars B-wing...its huge (for Apoc games)




Regular masking tape...not so great with softer primers

Pre-shading the lines


and after




Below is a Traitor Guard vraks style army I painted last year, minus an airbrush...the theme is, a sorcerer stole a lot of their souls, turning them into evil, pale, red eyed zombies....

He beats the flesh-drums to call in artillery from the warp...



and with photoshop:
















Free paints from a paint company...jsut eamil them and ask for samples....

Dark Angels for a friend...the Ghost Tint Oil from Minitare is awesome of bronze/gold..







Tau for Yancy...Miniatire paints have a shine to them, but they look ok on rounded armor I think.




Plague Bearers for a WC friend




My own Plague Bearers...wanted something different 

and their pappy (so shiny)










1 comment:

  1. Wow, mega post! Thanks for all the pics, awesome, fun stuff. Silly putty ftw, I'll remember that.

    ReplyDelete

 Doggoes of Slaanesh  and other gubbins